card printer machine how to make a fake military id

card printer machine how to make a fake military id

Can You Spot the Scammer?

  Each week, I get letters by email, on my website, by Twitter and on Facebook from women who are sending money to Africa and Afghanistan to help service members come home.

  This is a scam!! These are not men who are in the United States military. They are scam artists preying on desperate women.

  Related: Military Romance Scams: Are You a Target?

Dear Ms. Vicki,

  I met a sergeant in the Army on Facebook from the Zoosk dating site. We have been texting since May. His name is Sgt. Larry Williams, and he was in Afghanistan from Fort Campbell.

  He started asking me to send $400 for a secure phone line. I tried to raise the money but was making myself sick trying. He says he was deployed to Africa about three weeks ago, and kept asking about the money. I told him I just did not have it.

  His response was that he could not take the texting, so I said I guess that meant that we were over. He responded that he would rather forget about the phone than to lose me.


  Is He For Real?


  Hi, Ms. Vicki.

  I really need your help because I’m trying to help my Army guy from Fort Campbell. You see, he is deployed and he needs my help financially or he cannot come home from downrange and see me for his R&R because he has to pay his fees.

  His commander contacted me and said he still needs $12,000 before he can be released. At first, it was three thousand and I sent it. Then I was contacted saying he needs more.

  This man is the love of my life and I really want to be with him. He has been through so much on these deployments to Iraq and Afghanistan. It’s so unfair that the military would put all of these restrictions on them before releasing them. He needs to relax and enjoy himself instead of going from one war to the next. He hasn’t been home in three years!

  What can I do to draw attention to my soldier’s situation? Should I call my congressman, my senator — who?


  Stuck in a Serious Situation


  Dear Ms. Vicki,

  I’m writing you to find out if I am being scammed by this man who I met on Facebook. He is a lieutenant colonel in the army and stationed at Fort Campbell. We have been communicating online for the past year. He really has my heart now, and I can’t wait to finally be in his arms.

  He is in special operations and has a lot of covert operations. One minute, he is in Afghanistan and the next minute he is in Africa. I have to send him money from time to time so that he can stay in constant communication with me, but that’s OK because I understand that he cannot have access to his money because he is constantly on the go.

  I hadn’t heard from him for over three weeks, and I was so worried. Two days ago, he called me and said he needs money so he can come home. First, he will go to Nebraska to visit his family and then he will come and see me in Kentucky.

  I’m supposed to pay $3,500 in fees to his unit so they can release him, and he will give me the money when he comes home and goes to his bank, Wells Fargo.

  My family is very upset with me because they think I’m crazy for sending money to someone I have never met. I think I’m in love and helping a man who is serving our country. They say I’m being scammed. What do you think, Ms. Vicki?


  Please Tell Me I Am Not Being Scammed


  Each of these letters has a clue that shows the correspondent is a military romance scammer, not an actual service member. Below is our list of military scammer clues. Did you spot these clues? Did I miss any?

  Met on a dating site. Lots of military members do use dating sites to meet people in their community. But you should know that bad guys use dating sites, too. They are trolling for women they can scam. If this “service member” swears he loves you and wants to marry you before he has even met you, beware. If he asks for money, it is a scam. Report him to the website and stop communicating with him.

  Gives an imaginary name. Just because someone you met online gives you a name, rank, duty station or even military ID card, that doesn’t mean that this is a real person. It probably means they just have Photoshop. If they ask for money, it is a scam.

  Cannot access his bank account. Military members can access their money from overseas. They pay bills online, buy items from websites and even arrange for car loans. If they ask you for money — even a loan, this is a scam.

  Needs money to come home from down range. During a year-long deployment, service members may be sent home for R&R. Their travel arrangements are made and paid for by the government. If they ask for money, it is a scam.

  Commanding officer calls. Commanding officers in the United States military do not call girlfriends, fiancées or family members asking for money. If they ask for money, this is a scam.

  Can’t get internet, food or travel money. Service members do not have to pay for internet connections, food or travel expenses etc. while deployed. Even if a service member misses a connecting flight, the military takes care of this. If someone you met online claims to be stranded in an airport, do not send them money. If they ask for money, this is a scam.

  Claim to be Special Forces. Liars love to claim they are in Delta Force, Army Rangers, Navy Seals or Special Ops. If these individuals really were in special ops, they would never tell you — never. If they ask for money, this is a scam.

  Deployed for three years. Military members can be sent on an unaccompanied tour for a year or two. Deployments in the past have lasted up to fifteen months. Claiming to be deployed for three years is a play for your pity. If they ask for money, this is a scam.

  Your family and friends think you are crazy. If your family and friends think this is a scam, it is. These people know you and they are not blinded by love. They know if someone asks you for money, it is a scam.

  You suspect this isn’t for real. If you think this person you are talking to online isn’t for real, you are probably right. Trust yourself and stop communicating now before he asks you for money.

  Women, please stop being so naïve and gullible. One woman wrote me and said she had given more than $20,000 to a man who is supposedly a service member. Afterward, she was a victim of bank fraud and her home was vandalized.

  The man she was communicating with knew all of her personal information, including where she lived. This is serious because this woman put her life in jeopardy! She quickly moved to a different location.

  The bottom line is that if you are communicating with a “service member” who starts asking you for money, don’t pass go. Stop communicating with him immediately. He may have stolen the identity of someone real.

  These scammers are professionals who know just how to tug your heartstrings. The people behind military dating scams do not give up easily. Block their emails, their Facebook posts, their texts, their phone calls.

  So what can you do about a scammer? Unforutnately, there isn’t much you can do. Scammers are frequently located overseas, limiting prosecution options U.S. officials have.

  If you feel you have been scammed by a person claiming to be in the U.S. military, your best bet is to contact the Federal Trade Commission (FTC) and the Internet Crime Complaint Center (IC3).

  Spending your money — and more importantly the hours of your life — on a scam artist is not bringing you closer to love. Mark your involvement with a scammer as a mistake and keep a sharp eye out the next time.

  For the latest military news and tips on military family benefits and more, subscribe to and have the information you need delivered directly to your inbox.


  Due to restrictions related to the ongoing COVID-19 pandemic, the DEERS/ RAPIDS office in Manila only assists DEERS requests through drop-off appointment (we cannot do in-person appointment), if the requirements are dropped off to us at the Veterans Affairs building. We do not accept mailed-in documents or mail out ID cards. We also do not accommodate walk-in drop offs. We accept documents in 30-minute block appointments from Tuesday-Wednesday. You MUST submit a drop-off appointment request to

  Defense Enrollment Eligibility Reporting System (DEERS) Enrollments, Renewals, DEERS Updates, etc. are processed at the U.S. Embassy Manila, Seafront Compound. This includes enrolling new spouses and children for the first time, renewing ID Cards and making changes.

  NOX 3 (VA Building)

  1501 Roxas Boulevard

  Pasay City, 1300

  “You should arrive exactly on your appointment time. There is no waiting area, so we do not recommend for you to come early. If you are no show on your appointment, we will give you a 30-minute window to show up until we cancel your appointment. You will have to make a new one once we do. Please note how many family members you need an appointment for so we can assign the appropriate number of appointment blocks needed.”

  Note: The U.S. Embassy is closed all U.S. and Philippine Holidays. Click here for the List of Holidays.

  In addition, there is always the possibility of unannounced closures due to mission requirements or system failure. We will contact you via email address you listed during appointment scheduling when possible.

  The sponsor must provide hard copies of the following. We cannot accommodate your request if you fail to provide any of the documents applicable for your request below.

  Completed DD Form 1172-2 (Application for Uniformed Services Identification Card/DEERS Enrollment). To obtain the fillable DD Form 1172-2, please click here. Instructions for DD Form 1172-2, click here.The following are exceptions if the sponsor is not present.

If the sponsor is in a different location and the dependent/s are residing in other countries, the sponsor must sign DD Form 1172 (Application for Uniformed Services Identification Card/DEERS Enrollment) in front of a Verifying Official at the nearest DEERS/ RAPIDS site, and the Verifying Official must upload the form into the system, the family member may bring this form unaccompanied by the sponsor.
If the sponsor signs DD Form 1172 (Application for Uniformed Services Identification Card/DEERS Enrollment) and has it notarized, the family member may bring this form unaccompanied by the sponsor.
The family member may sign the DD Form 1172 (Application for Uniformed Services Identification Card/DEERS Enrollment) using a special power of attorney authorizing the dependent on the sponsor’s behalf.
If the sponsor is deceased, the un-remarried spouse or unmarried former spouse may act on their own behalf (if the Spouse is already enrolled in DEERS)

Note: Once the DD Form 1172 is signed, it is good for only up to 90 days from the date signed by the sponsor and verifying official or notary.
A half-body shot photograph with dimension of5 inches x 7 inches of everyone requiring an ID Card. The photograph must not be blurry or grainy and the background must be clear.

One person per photograph.
Write the name of the person on the back of the photograph.

Sponsor must provide supporting documentation such as Marriage Certificates, Birth Certificates, Death Certificates, Divorce Decrees, etc. (for initial enrollment and dependent removal inquiries only). For more information on eligibility documents, review the Pre-Arrival Checklist, click here.

All documents must be originals. Originals will be returned with the completed ID card*. Scans or photocopies will not be accepted**For a complete list of items for each reference Air Force Instruction 36-3026_IP, paragraph 11.12 on page 107, click here.

DD Form 214 stating minimum of 20 years and honorable discharge (for recently retired veterans)
Letter from the VA confirming your permanent 100% disability rating (if applicable)
Sponsor MUST also provide two (2) valid unexpired forms of identification for each dependent over 18 you are enrolling IAW Air Force Instruction 36-3026_IP attachments 5 and 20. Note the first ID should be from the list of the Primary Identity Source Document and the other ID should be from the list of Secondary Identity Source Document. Please see lists below.

Primary Identity Source Document 

U.S. Passport or a U.S. Passport Card;
Permanent Resident Card or an Alien Registration Receipt Card (Form I-551);
Foreign passport;
Employment Authorization Document that contains a photograph (Form I-766);
Driver’s license or an identification (ID) card issued by a state or possession of the United States provided it contains a photograph;
U.S. Military ID card;
U.S. Military dependent’s ID card; or
Personal Identity Verification (PIV) Card.

Secondary Identity Source Document

  The secondary identity source document may be from the list above, but cannot be of the same type as the Primary Identity Source Document.* An expired Common Access Card (CAC) or Uniformed Services Identification (USID) card may be used as a secondary identity source document for reissuance of the same type of identification card, but is not acceptable for initial issuance.

  U.S. Social Security Card issued by the Social Security Administration;

  Original or certified copy of a birth certificate issued by a state, county, municipal authority, possession, or outlying possession of the United States bearing an official seal;
ID card issued by a federal, state, or local government agency or entity, provided it contains a photograph;
Voter’s registration card;
U.S. Coast Guard Merchant Mariner Card;
Certificate of U.S. Citizenship (Form N-560 or N-561);
Certificate of Naturalization (Form N-550 or N-570);
U.S. Citizen ID Card (Form I-197);
Identification Card for Use of Resident Citizen in the United States (Form I-179).
Certification of Birth Abroad or Certification of Report of Birth issued by the Department of State (Form FS-545 or Form DS-1350).
Temporary Resident Card (Form I-688);
Foreign ID with photograph;
Driver’s license issued by a Canadian government entity;
Native American tribal document; or
Foreign Birth Certificate with certified English translation (USID ONLY)

  * For example, if the primary source document is a foreign passport (e.g., Italy), the secondary source document should not be another foreign passport (e.g., France).

An email or contact information is needed for verification or questions regarding the provided documents.

To find out more information about DoD Response to COVID-19 – DoD ID Cards and Benefits, please visit the Department of Defense (DOD) official website or click here.

  WARNING: Please keep in mind that communications via email over the internet are not secure. Although it is unlikely, there is a possibility that information you include in an email can be intercepted and read by other parties besides the person to whom it is addressed. Please encrypt your email containing personal identifying information such as birth date, social security, etc. with a passcode.

  Updated as of 26 August 2021, 03:00 p.m.


Types Of Veteran ID Cards

  A Department of Defense (DoD) Identification Card is used to show your military status and to get access to services at military bases. You may also use this card to get discounts offered to Veterans at many stores, businesses, and restaurants. If you have a DoD Identification Card, you don’t need to request another type of photo ID card to prove you’re a Veteran or to get retail or business discounts.

  When you’re enrolled in VA health care, you get a Veteran Health Identification Card (VHIC) that you use to check in to your appointments at VA medical centers. You may also use this card to get discounts offered to Veterans at many stores, businesses, and restaurants. If you have a VHIC, you don’t need to request another type of photo ID card to prove you’re a Veteran or to get retail or business discounts.

  A Veteran ID Card (VIC) is a form of photo ID you can use to get discounts offered to Veterans at many stores, businesses, and restaurants. When you have this card, you won’t need to carry around your military discharge papers or share sensitive personal information to receive discounts. If you have a VIC, you don’t need to request another type of photo ID card to prove you’re a Veteran or to get retail or business discounts.

  At this time, all 50 states and Puerto Rico offer a Veteran designation (an identifying mark) printed on state-issued driver’s licenses or IDs. The type of Veteran designation may vary from state to state.

If you have a Veteran’s designation, you may be able to get discounts offered to Veterans at many stores, businesses, and restaurants.

card printer machine how to make a fake military id